If you ever get to a place in your life where you feel like something is missing, it’s probably a connection problem: you are disconnected from God and too connected to the world. Prayer and fasting can have a powerful impact on setting your life back on track.
Prayer connects us to God.
The more time you spend with something or someone, the more confidence you build in it. The same is true for God. The more time you spend with God, the more your faith in Him will grow.
How To Pray
- Ask the Holy Spirit for help – He is your guide.
- Trust the process – it is part of your journey.
- Declare God’s Word over your circumstance in your prayers.
- Have Faith that He hears you and His Word is powerful and never changes. He will do what He says He will do!
- Anticipate and expect clarity, peace, courage and – most importantly – breakthrough!
READ THE WORD
The goal of fasting is to draw nearer to God. Biblical fasting always has to do with eliminating distractions for a spiritual purpose; it hits the reset button of our soul and renews us from the inside out. It also enables us to celebrate the goodness and mercy of God and prepares our hearts for all the good things God desires to bring into our lives. Remember, your personal fast should present a level of challenge, but it is very important to know your body, your options, and, most importantly, to seek God in prayer and follow what the Holy Spirit leads you to do.